Terminology: self states; transgression; trauma; victimhood; narrative; collective narrative; identity; collective identity
- What does Jessica mean by self states with regard to Israeli victimhood and perpetration?
- Can you name leaders who have transgressed the collective norm?
- Bassam would not let others see him cry. How might it affect a community that shares a trauma if a leader does not cry?
- How might you build a program that might overcome humiliation and shame?
- How can you help people think 'outside the box' in order to deconstruct collective narratives and identities and construct a new narrative?