Terminology: 'the third'; 'the moral third' ; attachment patterns; empathy; recognition; resilience; 'refusenik'
- What sort of family attachment patterns do Bassam and Itamar come from? Do they differ?
- Reflect on your own family attachment patterns. How would you describe them in comparison to Bassam's and Itamar's?
- How do you understand Itamar's father's reaction to his pilot 'refusenik' son Yonatan?
- Where else besides the family are secure attachments experienced?
- What would building a secure base for a classroom, a work place, a political group, or family entail for your profession?
- How can you create a culture of empathy and recognition between individuals and groups where there are members from different cultural, political or ethnic backgrounds
- Can you build an exercise deconstructing the idea that "It is good to die (and kill) for your country" in favour of seeking 'the third', an alternative way?